Getting an iOS device feels great. However, without knowing all the tricks, it may be difficult to use it like a pro. You need to understand that there is so much that these Apple devices have to offer. Most users, especially beginners, explore only a few things. Out of an amazing wealth of features and tools, only a few are being used across the iPad family. With a little help, your iPad can transform from a basic entertainment device to a flexible and versatile tool. Once you have explored it, you can move ahead toward higher productivity, creativity, and seamless communication.
Boosting Your Workflow with Advanced Features
With a variety of fascinating features like Universal Control waiting to get unfolded, you can enhance your workflow by implementing the following tips:
- Effortlessly control multiple devices with Universal Control: You can seamlessly control your iPad and other Apple devices using a single keyboard and mouse. To enable this feature, ensure your devices are signed in with the same Apple ID and have Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Handoff turned on.
- Master the power of keyboard shortcuts: Learning keyboard shortcuts help you become time-savvy and make the workflow more efficient. For a list of iPad-specific shortcuts, hold down the Command key on your external keyboard.
- Leverage Split View and Slide Over: Split View lets you work with two apps side-by-side, while Slide Over enables you to quickly access a third app without leaving the current ones. Experiment with these features to find the combination that works best for you.
- Use the Magic Keyboard or external devices to increase functionality: Enhance your iPad experience with accessories like the Magic Keyboard, which offers a built-in trackpad and backlit keys, or connect an external mouse or trackpad for added convenience.
Setting up Your iPad for Optimal Productivity
To kickstart your journey toward becoming an iPad pro, it is crucial to set up your device for maximum productivity. Here is how:
- Set up the Control Center to your preferences. You can personalize it by rearranging and adding shortcuts to frequently used settings. To do so, navigate to the “Customize Controls” option within the “Control Center” subsection of your device’s settings, and make any desired changes.
- Maximize your productivity by utilizing the iPad’s multitasking capabilities, including Split View and Slide Over. These features can be highly effective in enhancing your work efficiency. To enable them, head to Settings > Home Screen & Dock > Multitasking.
- Arrange apps for easy access. Organize your apps into folders based on their purpose and place the most frequently used ones on the home screen or Dock for quick access.
- Optimize settings for better battery life. To ensure your iPad lasts throughout the day, optimize battery settings by adjusting screen brightness, enabling Low Power Mode, and turning off Background App Refresh for non-essential apps.
Explore the complete capabilities of your iPadOS applications
You just can’t get enough while exploring what iPadOS can offer. Treat yourself to more capabilities by following these tips.
- Leverage the features of Apple Pencil to enhance your notetaking, artistic, and document annotation capabilities. Notability, Procreate, and GoodNotes are three applications that will assist you in maximizing the potential of your Apple Pencil.
- To keep yourself organized and efficient, consider using productivity apps such as Things, Todoist, and Trello. These apps offer advanced task management and collaboration features to accomplish things from your to-do list faster and more efficiently.
- Use programs like Affinity Designer, Adobe Fresco, and Canva to express your creativity in a variety of artistic and design endeavors.
- Advanced tools for photo and video editing like Adobe Lightroom, Pixelmator Photo, LumaFusion, and iMovie make it easy to produce professional-level content. With these tools, you can transform your photographs and videos into stunning works of art.
Enhancing Cooperation & Correspondence
Enhancing communication and collaboration skills is crucial to becoming an adept iPad user. With FaceTime, a remarkable video conferencing platform, it is easy to stay connected with colleagues, loved ones, and friends. Furthermore, its screen-sharing capability offers real-time project collaboration or issue diagnosis.
Working on paper is a breeze because of iCloud integration, which enables real-time collaboration with peers. For added flexibility, you may want to consider utilizing third-party applications such as Google Docs or Microsoft Office. These platforms enable multiple individuals to collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, or presentations simultaneously, thus ensuring that everyone stays informed throughout the process.
In today’s fast-paced world, managing emails is essential, and the Mail app on iPadOS offers valuable tools to keep your inbox organized and tidy. With this app, you can effortlessly arrange your emails, prioritize your messages, and promptly locate significant communications. Finally, iMessage is the preferred method of instant communication among Apple consumers. Staying connected with friends and colleagues has never been more fun and interactive because of its extensive features such as group chats, media sharing, and message effects.
Securing Your iPad and Data
When using your iPad like a pro, safeguarding your device and personal information is of utmost importance. Make use of biometric security features, like Touch ID or Face ID, to protect your device from unauthorized access. Additionally, ensure that your data and backups are encrypted to keep your information secure. Setting up “Find My iPad” and enabling a remote wipe is a smart precaution. It allows you to locate your device or erase its data if it is lost or stolen. Finally, always keep your iPad up to date with the latest iPadOS versions, as they often include vital security patches and improvements.
The iPad is a fantastic device with a plethora of functions and possibilities, just waiting to be discovered. We hope that these tricks and pieces of advice have inspired you to go deeper into the wonderful world of the iPad, taking full advantage of its multitasking capabilities, complex features, productivity apps, and security safeguards. Remember that buying an iPad is only the beginning when it comes to using and exploring it. As the ever-growing collection of apps and features constantly enhance your iPad experience, the process of discovery never truly ends. So, do not hesitate to experiment with novel approaches to enhance and personalize your device.
I’m a writer, artist, and designer working in the gaming and tech industries. I have held staff and freelance positions at large publications including Digital Trends, Lifehacker, Popular Science Magazine, Electronic Gaming Monthly, IGN, The Xplore Tech, and others, primarily covering gaming criticism, A/V and mobile tech reviews, and data security advocacy.