Golang has been on the radar in recent years for developers who wanted to explore a language perfect for backend development. Well, Golang takes it one step further being the perfect fit for systems programming, cloud computing, and whatnot. In this blog, we will take a look at the possibility of Golang mobile development. Does the future look bright or bleak with Golang being the standard for Enterprise Application Development?
Table of Contents
Cross-Platform Language and Open-Source
- A fantastic option if you want a language that stresses stability and simplicity is Golang, an open-source language. Open-source programming languages promote technical agility, allowing organizations to begin small and grow as necessary.
- When Google created Golang, it gave developers the freedom to participate in the project’s development. Any problems that already exist can be fixed, performance can be enhanced, and improvement suggestions may be made. This is because getting access to Golang’s source code is made straightforward via GitHub.
- Additionally, open-source languages are typically less expensive than proprietary alternatives. You can share with people useful resources (such as tools, packages, libraries, etc.) and gain access to sophisticated capabilities.
- Cross-platform application development is greatly facilitated by Golang. Numerous operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, etc., are supported. Furthermore, if an application was created on macOS, it can be executed on Windows. So, it is all about flexibility.
Great Raw Performance
- Golang is a statically typed programming language. Static typing frequently results in compiled code that runs more quickly because the compiler is able to create optimized machine code when it knows the specific data types being used.
- It also has few keywords and short syntaxes. An extremely fast compilation time was considered when designing the language semantics. Golang offers efficient dependency management and lightning-fast startup speeds. The compiler outputs one executable file, which you are free to upload from any location.
- Goroutines are used to simplify concurrent code execution in parallel processing (parallelism) because of the unique CSP (Communication Sequential Processes) architecture. This is a major component of the Golang programming language.
- Goroutines are lightweight threads that are useful for organizing and completing several activities at once. Additionally, channels are the means by which goroutines exchange different kinds of data.
Thus, Golang mobile development is a viable option as the language is highly scalable.
Easy to Learn
- Programmers having a background in Java or C will find it easy to learn Golang due to its syntax being similar to that of C. Golang has a limited feature set as well, which is excellent for beginners learning the language from the beginning.
- You will be able to comprehend what other people are writing because Golang is relatively easy to read. Furthermore, it won’t take much time to understand the code by consulting the reference materials.
- When you use Golang, you will get to use a plethora of tools, packages, and libraries. You can take advantage of the GORM library, Goose and cli packages, and the Gen tool. And you will definitely enjoy Vegeta, Go Kit, Authboss, and other libraries.
Specially Built for the Cloud
- Golang is especially suitable for cloud computing. This is a plus point as most enterprise apps are designed to be cloud-native today. This aids in a swifter release pace, easy management, and superior client experience. In today’s world of rapid change, an organization’s chances of success and ability to avoid disruption increase with the speed at which it can develop, create, and provide more value to its consumers.
- This automation and collaboration, which were not feasible in the period of local development and constrained server-based software delivery procedures, are further enabled by new cloud-native applications that support DevOps processes.
- Applications may be easily managed and secured without relying on the infrastructure that supports them thanks to containers. Kubernetes is currently the center of industry consolidation for the scaled administration of these containers. In contrast, Docker is a platform that you may use to run your software. Both Docker and Kubernetes were written in Golang.
- Golang is the best language contender for cloud-based services and web apps that are AI-enabled since it combines the benefits of Java and Python with additional possibilities.
- You can more easily design fault-tolerant apps with resilience and self-healing built in using new cloud-native techniques like Kubernetes and microservices architecture in the cloud.
- Golang is a highly and statically typed language. So, you have to mention the type of data that you pass. Hence, the compiler is always aware of the data and variable type that you intend to pass. As a result, Golang has performed really well when it comes to handling vulnerabilities.
- The garbage collection mechanism of the framework makes it secure. The collection is completely integrated into an executable binary thanks to the organization and space provided by Golang.
- Because Golang is utilized for cloud computing and highly scalable servers, the developers had to think about security. As a result, the security features in each version are improved. Furthermore, to keep SQL injection at bay, developers can use HTMLEscapeString and sanitize user input.
Unparalleled App Performance
- Golang has proven to be an excellent choice when it comes to providing app performance. It helps in faster response and loading time of an enterprise app. This greatly leads to customer satisfaction, which means great business and more money.
- The language has very few system requirements and can run on older devices as well. Due to its AOT compilation and lack of any virtual machine, the programs run quickly and don’t take much time to load.
- Golang allows for short development lifecycles, which takes up very less time to develop programs. Furthermore, the codes are easy to maintain and read.
- Go uses a little amount of memory. It is ideal for building rapid business apps and microservices because of the statically linked binaries.
Numerous Testing Frameworks
- Using testing frameworks has a number of advantages. They contain tools that are absent from the testing package, such as matches and assertions. Many offer tools for mocking, sophisticated test automation, and result reporting. Some even assist with test creation, which reduces the time required to develop tests.
- In addition to the testing package, you may utilize Testify. It provides a variety of assertion methods for value validation and comparison. It also provides simple resource mocking capabilities. Its suite package streamlines the process of creating test suites, enabling the organization of essential tests.
- The go test command is supported by the BDD-compliant GoConvey testing framework. It uses an expressive domain-specific language (DSL) that makes the task of creating very clear, self-documenting tests simpler.
So, it is clearly evident that Golang has a bright future when it comes to developing enterprise apps. The concurrency, parallelism, security, readability, ultra-fast compilation, open-source programming, cross-platform, and automated garbage collection makes Golang one of a kind.
I’m a writer, artist, and designer working in the gaming and tech industries. I have held staff and freelance positions at large publications including Digital Trends, Lifehacker, Popular Science Magazine, Electronic Gaming Monthly, IGN, The Xplore Tech, and others, primarily covering gaming criticism, A/V and mobile tech reviews, and data security advocacy.