Starting and running a business may not need a college degree, but it requires you to have the necessary skill set to know your industry, get the job done, and instruct your employees on how to do it. These essential capabilities are often looked at as superpowers that a charismatic leader is born with.
However, there are qualities that everyone needs to develop such as transitioning with lean business practices, intelligent analytics, the transition of technology, and strategic planning. If you’re already running a business and want to watch it grow exponentially, you need to first polish your skills to become a leader that deserves to succeed. This blog is about five such skills that you can acquire online in the comfort of your home.
- Business Analysis: With the integration of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, big data analytics, and the Internet of Things, the commercial sector has a new level to play. While bigger companies can afford to hire specialists that can study heaps of historical and real-time data, start-up business has constraints.You can overcome this by taking the time to complete a business analytics certification. The course contains all the information necessary to study business intelligence and use the recommended tools to drive actionable insights.
- Lean Six Sigma: Lean business revolves around the concept of minimizing any of the business risks and threats that can approach you as you cross various stages of growth. The Lean Six Sigma training assists in supplementing professionals to identify and eliminate process deficiencies and flaws. This certification couches for a professional’s experience and competency in the industry and hence is highly recommended.
- Strategic Management: Strategic management is the art of decision-making from a multidimensional perspective. This is perhaps one of the most essential skills that a small business leader requires to possess. Since they manage a lot of the business aspects themselves, prioritizing, scheduling, target-setting, reviewing, and assessment all are concepts covered in a Strategic Management course.
- Agile Scrum Certification: If you’re in a small business, adopting newer technologies to streamline your workflows will help your team perform better. Getting a certification in Agile Scrum will equip you with all the knowledge and tools to shift your business to a higher level. Once you’re Scrum-certified, you will be able to help your business achieve all its goals and deliver high-quality products or services to your clients.
- Project Management: This one goes without saying, but getting a project management certification is one of the markers for starting a contract-based business. In the initial days of your organization, you’re driven by ambition and have limited clients. However, as the organization expands, the need to add more members and create a better organization takes over. Project management is the art of creating sophisticated yet uncomplicated workflows to get work done in the fastest and most efficient way.
As you can see from our recommendations, these courses can change the face of a business when applied practically. For practical application, your foundation and basics require to be solid, which is what multiple levels of these certifications do!
I’m a writer, artist, and designer working in the gaming and tech industries. I have held staff and freelance positions at large publications including Digital Trends, Lifehacker, Popular Science Magazine, Electronic Gaming Monthly, IGN, The Xplore Tech, and others, primarily covering gaming criticism, A/V and mobile tech reviews, and data security advocacy.